Cabinet and Countertop Care
After your finish has fully cured, clean the surface with a water-damp rag. If your surface requires deep cleaning, due to grease or grime build-up, add a small amount of detergent or vinegar.
Avoid using oil-soap, silicone-based daily cleaners, or dusting sprays. These products and chemicals in other cleaners can contaminate your finish and damage your piece.
Do not clean furniture until the finish has cured completely.
Cure Time Guidelines:
- Cabinet: 21 days
- Wood Countertop: 30 days
Avoid setting direct heat onto your surface.
Wood will expand or contract in reaction to changes in temperature and humidity. Some movement should be expected.
The ideal temperature range is 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Relative humidity should always be between 30% and 50%. It is highly recommended to run a humidifier during the winter months.
Attaching the Top:
- Place your cabinet base in the desired location before beginning installation.
- Determine your countertop overhang based on your order. (Note: Typical overhangs are 1″ in depth. If your overhang is specialized for seating, this will approximately measure at 11″. For your exact specifications, please review your order).
- Once the top is placed, used the provided 1 ½” screws. (Note: You will need a #2 square drive).
- When beginning the application, apply pressure to the corner of the surface.
- Before attaching the second corner double check to ensure the top has not shifted.
- Repeat each step until your countertop is fully secured.
Once the countertop is attached, do not lift the island by the top.